Verisign SSL Products
Trust solutions for e-commerce
As an e-commerce business, you must deliver the highest levels of trust and security. Global Server IDs, available from your ISP or Web Hosting provider, are the solution, enabling you to conduct authenticated, strongly encrypted online commerce. Server IDs allow site visitors to submit credit card numbers or other personal information online with the assurance that they are doing business with you (not an impostor’s “spoof ”) and that the information they send you—such as credit card numbers, online forms, and financial data— cannot be intercepted or decrypted over the Web.
SSL Server IDs for the strongest authentication and encryption
VeriSign’s Server IDs apply state-of-the-art SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) technology to encrypt e-commerce transactions. Web server software and all the leading Web browsers are already enabled for SSL: all you need is a Server ID to take advantage of it. SSL comes in two strengths, 40-bit and 128-bit, which refer to the length of the “session key” generated by every encrypted transaction. The longer the key, the more difficult it is to break the encryption code. Most browsers support 40-bit SSL sessions, and the latest browsers enable users to encrypt transactions in 128-bit sessions—trillions of times stronger than 40-bit sessions.
- VeriSign Server IDs ensure encryption for the broadest range of users : Microsoft and Netscape offer two versions of their browsers that enable different levels of encryption: domestic or North American versions, which enable 128-bit SSL sessions; and export or International versions, which enable 40-bit or 128-bit SSL sessions depending on the type of Server ID with which the browser is communicating
- Global Server IDs enable 128-bit SSL encryption—the world’s strongest— with both domestic and export versions of Microsoft® and Netscape® browsers. (Most users in the U.S and around the world use export-version browsers—requiring a VeriSign Global Server ID to enable 128-bit SSL.) Global Server IDs are becoming the standard for online merchants, banks, brokerages, health care organizations, insurance companies—any business for which online security is a paramount concern.
- Secure Server IDs enable 40-bit SSL when communicating with export-version browsers, and 128-bit SSL encryption when communicating with domesticversion browsers. Secure Server IDs are best for intranets, extranets, and lowervolume e-commerce sites.
- Browser Type Secure Server ID Global Server ID
- Domestic 128-bit 128-bit
- Export 40-bit 128-bit
Along with the authentication and encryption power of Server IDs, offer your Web site customers the widely recognized Secure Site Seal, which they can display to visitors as a symbol of trust—inspiring the confidence that’s a vital prerequisite for e-commerce.
How SSL Sessions Work
During an SSL session—a credit card transaction on your e-commerce site, for example—the visitor’s browser initiates communication with your server, which responds by sending its own certificate.The browser then automatically analyzes the server certificate and then generates either a 40-bit or a 128-bit session key, which encrypts the transaction. All of this occurs in seconds, transparently to the user.
The Secure Site and Global Site IDs you receive from your ISP or Web Hosting provider come with the Secure Site Seal. Post the Seal on your site and connect it to your ID: when visitors click on the Seal, they instantly link to a dynamic pop-up screen of information, assuring them that transactions with your site are encrypted, and allowing them to verify your site’s identity and ID status in real time. Every Server ID also includes up to $250,000 of NetSure warranty protection against economic loss due to theft, impersonation, corruption, or loss of use of an ID.
Give your customers the confidence to make their purchases online with the most trusted and secure option for SSL: VeriSign® Secure Site Pro with EV SSL Certificates. Extended Validation triggers the display of the green address bar in the latest high-security browsers, and True 128-bit SSL Certificates enable every site visitor to experience the strongest SSL encryption available to them.
Server-Gated Cryptography (SGC) Certificates enable 128- or 256-bit SSL encryption (depending on the Web browser, operating system, and host server), the most powerful SSL encryption commercially available today.
- you accept credit card, debit card, purchase card, or other online payments.
- you allow network access to confidential bank or brokerage account information.
- you transmit health care or insurance claim records electronically.
- you must meet privacy and security standards as a government agency.
- your reputation depends on the privacy and integrity of your information.
- Extended Validation, green address bar
- 128-bit minimum to 256-bit encryption
- $250,000 warranty
- VeriSign Secured® Seal